Vendor booth sales will now be included in the Chamber’s 2019 Total Resource Campaign, starting in December 2018 by Chamber members. The Total Resource Campaign has been in place for a number of years to secure Chamber sponsorships for events and programs throughout the coming year. One aspect of Campaign participation that may impact your company is that Chamber membership is a part of participating in the Total Resource Campaign. If you are currently a Chamber member, thank you; we look forward to your membership renewal. If you are not already a Chamber member, Kris Oakie, Membership Director, will be reaching out to you to explain the benefits of year-round membership.
We anticipate no changes for the 2019 SummerFest vendors regarding expense for vendor space, electrical or water, and no change in the rules and regulations. The vendor application will request the same information as in 2018 and the number of vendor spaces will be similar to this year.
Vendor spaces for 2019 will first be offered to returning vendors who are members, then made available for request to new vendors. The Vendor Committee will make the final decision on acceptance of new vendors to assure a broad selection of vendors and products are made available to the public, just as in the past years.
This change gives you the opportunity to make your commitment to the Ankeny SummerFest event earlier than usual while providing you access to Chamber membership benefits, events, programs and fellow member companies throughout the year.
- SummerFest is held at Prairie Ridge Middle School/Prairie Ridge Sports Complex, NW Ash Drive and Prairie Ridge Drive.
- Previous vendors are given first opportunity to contract for the same space unless performance has been unsatisfactory. Because of the large number of requests for space and the large percentage of vendors who wish to return each year, we usually have limited space available to new applicants. Therefore it is usually May before space vacancies can be determined.
- The actual location of the vendor spaces are indicated on the map. The size of the standard (not within the Leisure Garden) rental space is 14’x14′.
- If more space is needed to accommodate your booth, you can request to purchase an additional 14’x14′ space.
- Vendors have the opportunity to request a specific location. On the application form is an area to mark three preferred locations. You will be assigned to the highest choice that is still available. Applying as soon as possible is pertinent.
- If your application is accepted, you are sent a space offer, and the payment you made with your application will be processed.
Criteria for Selecting Vendors
- Previous year’s vendors have first option to return if they have been satisfactory. Available space then goes to new applicants.
- Vendor application required before approval of TRC Contract
- No vendor space will be allowed to sell funnel cakes and/or cotton candy
- Additional costs may apply for electricity, water, additional outlets, informational vendors who sell, etc.
- Only two vendors in each food category will be accepted (ex. 2 bbq vendors, 2 ice cream vendors, 2 pizza vendors, etc.)
- All vendor space is required to be staffed during SummerFest operating hours
- Important in selecting new vendors is the size of space available as opposed to size requested.
- SummerFest strives for variety for the attendees so new and different items are preferred.
- Vendors should be active rather than static. Actual demonstrations increase traffic.
- The vendor should provide a good example of commerce for the community… reputable products presented in a wholesome, businesslike manner.